Congratulations to our #HealthyKidsCookOff winners!
3 winning recipes have been chosen to be featured in a video for the City of St. Louis Department of Health! See our 3 winning recipes below!
Healthy Albacore Buddha Bowl
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and cooled red quinoa
- 1 5-ounce can Genova Wild Caught Albacore Tuna (don't drain)
- 1 hard cooked egg, halved
- 1/4 yellow pepper, cut in strips
- 1/4 cup shredded raw red cabbage
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup drained and rinsed garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/2 hot red pepper (or jalapeno) thinly sliced
- black sesame seeds for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the quinoa into a small bowl.
- Remove the tuna from the can and place it in the middle of the bowl. There's no need to drain the tuna since it's packed in olive oil.
- Arrange the rest of the ingredients around the edges of the bowl.
- Whisk together the last four ingredients (the amounts above are for one salad for the dressing) and drizzle over everything.
Apple Chicken Salad
- 2 lean chicken breasts
- 5 celery sticks
- 3/4 red onion (medium)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 small red apple
- wheat bread for sandwiches
- Chop the chicken breasts, red onion, celery and apple into small cubes.
- Combine all the chopped ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the Greek yogurt and mix the ingredients together.
The salad may be eaten on wheat bread or wheat crackers as desired.
Green St. Louis Machine's Rainbow Salsa
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 mango
- 2 cans of whole corn
- 3 cups cilantro
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 red onion
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic.
- Chop it all up and enjoy!!