NextRadio is a smartphone app that connects over-the-air FM broadcasts with the internet to give users an enhanced radio listening experience including album art and program information as well as station feedback and other interactive features with the touch of a button. Introduced in August 2013 by an unprecedented deal between the radio industry and Sprint, it comes preloaded on all new Android devices hitting the market from Sprint, Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile in stores and online and is supported by new HTC smartphones on all carriers. See the growing list of devices here.
Good news! Samsung has just become the first manufacturer to activate NextRadio across all carriers! Compatibility was made possible when Samsung sent a maintenance release to the New Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge devices sold earlier this year. The maintenance release activates the FM chip present in all Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge devices sold since the original release date in March of 2016, as well as, the Galaxy Note7 released in early August.
That means if you own a Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge or Note7 on any cellular network including Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and US Cellular you can enjoy the NextRadio app!
View a short video highlighting NextRadio’s features here:
• Receive analog FM stations over the air instead of streaming
• Display a station’s logo, call letters & dial position
• Browse channels by Live Guide, genre, frequency & favorites
• Live Guide visual tuner showcases all local station programming in real time
• Enhanced synchronous ad & promotional types
• Dynamic related content “cards” accompany programming for additional information
• Song tagging capabilities
• Social integration (Facebook, Twitter & SMS)
• Real-time radio station interactivity